City of Owen Sound
The City of Owen Sound is looking for a Fire Chief. The city is located on the southern shores of Georgian Bay in a valley below the sheer rock cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment. Owen Sound is characterized by a magnificent harbour and bay, two winding rivers, tree-lined streets, an extensive parks system, and tree-covered hillsides and ravines. In 1815, the area was named after Admiral Edward Owen.
This is an opportunity to have a direct impact within our community of 21,688 residents located over 24.22 km2 (9.35 sq mi). As Fire Chief for one of the province’s oldest department you will be responsible for direction and administration of the 29-member full-time Fire and Emergency Services. The department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Staff includes a Deputy Chief, Training Officer, Fire Prevention staff and Fire Suppression staff.
Details – Specialty, Major etc.
- Post secondary education in administration, financial and human resources management.
- College Diploma in Fire Protection Engineering or related discipline.
- Graduate of the Fire Technology Course at the Ontario Fire College.
- Possess specialized training in disaster/emergency preparedness and response.
Experience at the working level
Previous Work Related Experience
- Minimum of 10 years in the Fire and Emergency Service with progressive movement through the chain of command.
Please reply with a compelling cover letter; Comprehensive resume; Salary history; and three (3) professional references. Confidential inquires welcomed to Mr. R. Daniel Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org Toll Free: 1-888-447-5910 ext. 702