City of Wetaskiwin
Human Resource Manager
The City of Wetaskiwin is seeking a highly skilled, ambitious and dynamic professional to provide leadership and key Human Resource advice to all members of the City’s Administrative Team.
Wetaskiwin is an Agricultural, Tourism, resource-based community with an active population of over 12,500 residents and is strategically located70 kilometers south of Edmonton in the region known as “the hills where peace was made”. The City offers an ideal location for individuals who have a strong desire for excellent recreation facilities and programs, relaxing and inviting outdoor trails and spaces where an individual or a family can thrive. Our Community has the first class Manluk Regional Aquatic and Fitness Centre, World Class Reynolds Museum, a sensational library, quality medical facilities and breathtaking geography in our backyard.
Reporting to the Assistant City Manager/Director of Corporate Services, the Human Resource Manager will plan, develop, co-ordinate, lead and implement great employee relation, performance management and employee recruitment initiatives with the key focus being on the enhancement of the City’s organizational effectiveness through the provision of key advice to the CAO and department managers in a timely manner.
- A Diploma in Human Resources.
- A minimum of five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eligible for CHRP Designation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills along with sound knowledge and understanding of internal and external communication processes and municipal operations.
- Extensive experience using computer systems and the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management capabilities in order to plan and meet project timelines and legislated deadlines.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with other municipalities similar in nature and your experience coupled with an excellent benefit package.
Closing Date: September 21, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
Please reply with a compelling cover letter that includes your expected salary, a comprehensive resume plus three (3) professional references. Confidential inquiries are welcome and are to be directed to Mr. Farrell O’Malley firstname.lastname@example.org or Toll free 1-888-447-5910 ext.701.