City of Estevan, Saskatchewan
Job Description: Duties
- Manages the overall Administration, City Operations and Day-to-Day Business activities in accordance with objectives, policies and plans approved by Council
- Directs, Controls and co-ordinates the activities of the Business Divisions. Directs the preparation of long and short-term plans.
- Develops and recommends goals, objectives, policies and programs to Council.
- Researches, prepares and submits reports on any matter
- Directs the development of short and long term municipal and capital budgets. Administers budgets once approved and makes adjustments to individual items of the budget as long as the total for the division is not overspent.
- Appoints, employs, suspends, dismisses, appraises, promotes, demotes, transfers or dismisses staff.
- In conjunction with the Mayor, approves Council Agendas & Packages.
- Attend all meetings of Council and Council Committees as assigned and participates in the exchange of information providing opinion, guidance, advice and recommendations.
- Co-ordinates Public Relations and Communications
- Act as Community economic Development Contact/Officer for the City.
** Please go to website: www.estevan.ca under employment for the full posting/job description.
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned)
- University Degree with Administration Major
- Saskatchewan Urban Municipal Administrators Certificate
- Proficiency in Computer Software
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Please see job posting on website for complete details. View Job Post
To thrive in this environment, you will have a desire to make a difference. Be part of our prospering community and challenging work environment while still maintaining a strong work/life balance.
Please reply with a compelling cover letter; Comprehensive resume; Salary history; and three (3) professional references. Confidential inquires welcomed to Mr. Bruce Malcolm email@example.com. Toll free 1-888-447-5910 ext. 727