Professional Opportunity – CAO
The Town of Innisfail, with its population of 7,953 (2015 municipal census), is a thriving mid-sized community that is strategically situated on the Calgary-Edmonton Corridor. It’s just 15 minutes south of Red Deer and only an hour north of Calgary. Simply put, no matter what your lifestyle, Innisfail translates into amenities that are easily accessible for you and your family.
There is plenty of small town charm packed into Innisfail, too. The town offers great schools, modern medical care and a wide variety of recreation and sports facilities. You can golf, take a walk in the park or visit a museum. There is even an historical village. The Town has some great shops too. And some nice places to eat … 22 of them, in fact. In Innisfail, there’s lots to do – everything from the annual Fall Festival and Art Walk, to joining a Yoga class … or you can simply become a volunteer. It’s a place filled with opportunity, but absent the traffic congestion and overcrowding that’s characteristic of larger urban centres.
Mayor Brian Spiller and Council are currently searching for a Chief Administrative Officer with a strong customer service and hands-on management style. Chief Administrative Officer oversees a staff of 55 FTEs providing services to a population of 7,847 drawn from approximately 3,169 residences. With a total operating budget of $20.7 million and over a $6.7 million capital budget, top candidates will have a strong appreciation for fiscal prudence to ensure a continued focus on long-term fiscal sustainability.
The CAO will utilize superior communication talents to establish sound communication processes both internal and external to the organization and their leadership to inspire, develop, and maintain a safe and empowering work environment for the staff, while fostering positive relationships with its regional partners especially the public.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience as a CAO or Senior Manager in a municipal government environment or in a Senior Management position in a non-governmental organization coupled with post-secondary education in a related discipline or in the process of completing certification in local government management.
- Proven ability to create and lead a participative, productive and positive environment with a cohesive team that promotes and sustains workplace excellence.
- A strong commitment towards the development, delivery, and encouragement of high quality customer participation and service.
- The demonstrated ability to communicate and effectively interact with the public, to work collaboratively with Council and staff, and to build partnerships within the Town and surrounding municipalities while effectively representing the interests of the community.
- The capability to provide overall leadership for the development of a strategic vision that can both attract and retain businesses and residents.
- A strong working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and the political landscape in Alberta.
- Sound knowledge of municipal finances with proven budget planning and development experience.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary that will be commensurate with their experience coupled with a comprehensive benefits package.
If you would like to pursue this challenging opportunity, please forward your cover letter, resume,
plus, three (3) professional references and your salary expectations to:
Town of Innisfail CAO Search
P.O. Box 379, 9768 – 170th Street, Edmonton, AB., T5T 5L4
Attention: Farrell O’Malley, Senior Search Consultant
The Ravenhill Group Inc.
Confidential inquiries are to be directed to Mr. Farrell O’Malley @ firstname.lastname@example.org or
Toll free 1-888-447-5910 Ext 701 or please visit: www.ravenhillgroup.com.