Town of Drumheller
Director of Corporate Services
The Town of Drumheller is seeking a highly skilled, ambitious and dynamic professional to provide progressive leadership for a key department within the Town of Drumheller.
Drumheller is an Agricultural, Tourism, resource-based community with an active population of 8,029 located in the “Heart” of the badlands. We offer an ideal location for individuals who have an interest in the outdoors. Our Community has excellent recreation facilities, a first class library, quality medical facilities and breathtaking geography in our backyard.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Director of Corporate Services will lead, plan, co-ordinate, build and supervise our Corporate Service functions (Finance, Communications, and Legislative/Administrative Services), in a manner that will efficiently and effectively serve the valued customers of our municipality.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area and/or a recognized accounting designation; i.e. CLGM, CA, CMA, CGA.
- Progressive management experience in a similar position with 5 – 7 years at the Senior Management Level.
- Experience and training in a Municipal Administration environment is desirable, including a strong working knowledge of municipal finance, associated legislation and the MGA.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills along with sound knowledge and understanding of internal and external communication processes.
- Extensive experience using computer systems/software, preferable on the Town’s current financial systems along with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Significant experience in financial planning/budgeting; property tax and assessment, cash flow management, investment, general ledger accounting and must be both Bondable and a Commissioner of Oaths for the Province of Alberta.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary ranging from $99,934 to $126,583 (commensurate with experience) coupled with an excellent benefit package.
Closing Date: June 6, 2014
Please reply with a compelling cover letter; Comprehensive resume; Salary history; and three (3) professional references. Confidential inquires welcomed to Mr. Farrell O’Malley @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Toll free 1-877-830-0500 Ext. 701.