Town of Irricana
Professional Opportunity – CAO
The Town of Irricana is an up and coming community of over 1,162 residents who highly value a safe and relaxing lifestyle where urban living blends with its agricultural heritage. The Irricana community is conveniently located approximately 65 kilometres northeast of Calgary adjacent to Highway 9. Irricana is truly a community of opportunity.
Mayor and Council is recruiting a confident and self-motivated professional to become their Chief Administrative Officer. The desired candidate will be a proven leader who is motivated by challenge and possesses strong communication skills, honed organizational management talents, is extremely adept with local governance and financial responsibilities.
The ideal CAO will bring to the position the knowledge, skills and abilities gained through completion of a recognized post-secondary program in Public or Local Administration coupled with several years of related municipal experience at a senior level. Please note that Equivalencies will be considered.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience as a CAO or Senior Manager in a municipal government environment or in a Senior Management position in a non-governmental organization along with post-secondary education in a related discipline and/or certified, or in the process of completing certification in local government management.
- Proven ability to create and lead a participative, productive and positive workplace environment with a cohesive team that promotes and sustains workplace excellence.
- A strong commitment towards the development and delivery of high quality customer service.
- The demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with the public, to work collaboratively with Council and staff, and to build partnerships within the Town and surrounding municipalities while effectively representing the interests of the community.
- The capability to provide overall leadership for the development of a strategic vision that can both attract and retain businesses and residents.
- A strong working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and the political landscape in Alberta.
- Sound knowledge of municipal finances with proven budget planning and development experience.
Salary & Compensation:
Council is prepared to negotiate a salary and benefit package with the successful candidate that is very competitive for municipalities similar in size and reflects their qualifications.
A recent and detailed job description is available from the consultant. Further information is available on the Township’s web site: www.irricana.ca
Please submit your formal application complete with cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references to Mr. Farrell O’Malley @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Toll free 1-888-447-5910 Ext 701.
“The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found”