Town of Kindersley Saskatchewan
Director of Community Services
The Town of Kindersley is seeking a full-time Director of Community Services to join its senior management team, reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer.
The Director of Community Services is responsible for all operations of the Community Services Department, including supervision of all town recreational and cultural facilities. The Director of Community Services will ensure that Kindersley’s recreation and cultural facilities and parks provide a safe, clean and inspiring environment that benefits residents engaged in cultural, recreational and community activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supervision of overall programming of cultural, sport and recreation in the community of Kindersley, including the operations of the West Central Events Centre, Kindersley Aquatic Centre, Elks Hall, and Norman Ritchie Community Centre, all outdoor sports grounds, playgrounds, and walking trails.
- Support and community facilitation for volunteer organizations based out of Town facilities.
- Setting the direction and principles that guide all community, park and open space planning.
- Development of policy for Council recommendation.
Required skills and qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have experience in a municipal setting and possess a certificate, diploma or degree in Recreation, Culture or related field. Experience in managing and supervising staff is an asset.
- The ability to work with staff, senior administration, contractors, consultants, elected officials, user groups and local volunteers.
- The ability to develop and implement various policies and procedures.
- The skill to recruit, train, manage and motivate employees and volunteers to achieve optimum productivity.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of finance, management, employee appraisals and evaluations, marketing and legal processes.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, equipment and software.
- The ability to set realistic goals and develop plans to achieve them in a team environment.
- The ability to take initiative and apply considerable ingenuity and practical knowledge to interpret and resolve new, unusual, or particularly troublesome situations.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain recreation & culture programs.
- The successful candidate will have knowledge of facility scheduling and maintenance, and knowledge of user group expectations.
The Town of Kindersley offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit cover letter and a detailed resume to Bruce Malcolm, Ravenhill Group Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions should be directed to Bruce Malcolm Managing Partner, Ravenhill Group Inc. 1-888-447-5910 ext. 727