Town of Provost
Chief Administrative Officer
The Town of Provost is a thriving community located in East Central Alberta that is built on strong agricultural roots and the energy industry is called home by approximately 2078 citizens. Provost is approximately 11/2 hours south of Lloydminster on Alberta’s eastern border. Provost is a full service community that provides excellent recreation facilities and opportunities that are great for families.
To effectively manage its strong vision for its exciting future, Council is seeking a dynamic individual who is a highly talented self-starter and seasoned professional to be its Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the CAO will provide strategic leadership to the municipal team and is responsible for directing all administrative functions of the municipality including the management of operating and capital budgets, the establishment of sound communication processes both internal and external to the organization, the development and maintenance of a safe and empowering work environment for the staff, and the fostering of positive relationships with the general public and its regional partners.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience as a CAO or Senior Manager in a municipal government environment or in a Senior Management position in a non-governmental organization along with post-secondary education in a related discipline and/or certified, or in the process of completing certification in local government management.
- Proven ability to create and lead a participative, productive and positive workplace environment with a cohesive team that promotes and sustains workplace excellence.
- A strong commitment towards the development and delivery of high quality customer service.
- The demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with the public, to work collaboratively with Council and staff, and to build partnerships within the Town and surrounding municipalities while effectively representing the interests of the community.
- The capability to provide overall leadership for the development of a strategic vision that can both attract and retain businesses and residents.
- A strong working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and the political landscape in Alberta.
- Sound knowledge of municipal finances with proven budget planning and development experience.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary that will be commensurate with their experience coupled with comprehensive benefit package.
If you would like to pursue this challenging opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume plus three (3) professional references and salary expectations by Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 to:
Town of Provost CAO Search
P.O. Box 379, 9768 – 170th Street, Edmonton, AB., T5T 5L4
Attention: Farrell O’Malley, Senior Search Consultant
The Ravenhill Group Inc.
Confidential enquiries are to be directed to Mr. Farrell O’Malley at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Toll free 1-888-447-5910 Ext 701 or please visit: www.ravenhillgroup.com.