Town of Viking
Professional Opportunity – CAO
The Town of Viking is a proud, energetic and sports oriented community of over 1,041 residents who highly value an outdoor lifestyle where the agricultural industry serves as its cornerstone. The Viking community is strategically located approximately 120 kilometres east of Edmonton at the intersection of Highway 14 and 36 and is renowned for its Scandinavian heritage along with being home to the hockey world famous “Sutter Family.”
Mayor and Council is recruiting a highly intuitive and dynamic professional to become their Chief Administrative Officer. The successful candidate will be a proven leader with strong organizational skills, honed interpersonal skills, sound experience in municipal government and known for their business acumen.
The ideal CAO will bring to the position the knowledge, skills and abilities gained through completion of a recognized post-secondary program in Public or Local Administration coupled with several years of related municipal experience at a senior level. Please note that Equivalencies will be considered.
- Provide support and advice to Mayor and Council to enable Council to make effective yet timely decisions.
- Work with Council to meet and/or exceed its strategic goals and objectives.
- Facilitate the financial management of all municipal operations and grants.
- Oversee all municipal programs and services in a manner that maximizes value to the citizens.
- Provide leadership to all municipal staff and promote a productive, positive and healthy work environment.
- Coordinate community development and public and community relations activities
Council is prepared to negotiate a salary and benefit package with the successful candidate that is very competitive for municipalities similar in size and reflects their qualifications.
A recent and detailed job description is available from the consultant. Further information is available on the Township’s web site: www.viking.ca
Interested Professionals: Please submit your formal application complete with cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references to Mr. Farrell O’Malley @ email@example.com or Toll free 1-888-447-5910 Ext 701.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found